Adventureline Walking Holidays
Exceptional UK, European and International guided walking holidays
2018 is Adventureline’s 30th anniversary.
Our exciting destinations this year:
- Cornwall – Our classic walking tour. 8 weeks between April and September
- Portugal – Southwest Coast hike (new), late March/April
- Amalfi Coast and Capri – Italy, early May
- Dorset – Thomas Hardy Country and The Jurassic Coast (new)
3 departures: Spring, Summer, Autumn
- Picos de Europa Mountains – Spain, mid June
- Umbria – Italy, late June/early July
- Dartmoor National Park – Devon, mid July
- Lofoten Islands – Norway, late July/early Aug
- The Isles of Scilly – Cornwall, late August/Sept
- Tuscany – Italy, late Sept/early Oct
- 2019: Nepal – Feb/March. 25 days of total immersion in Nepalese landscape and culture… plan ahead!
- 2019: Iceland – in planning stages for new summer tour.
- 2019: Other definites – Cornwall (many), Isles of Scilly, Dorset, Amalfi, Tuscany, Umbria, Picos de Europa (Spain), Portugal.
Walking the World with Adventureline
We have more than thirty years experience and offer a wide and varied range of expertly planned walks and treks to choose from.
Since 1988, Adventureline’s guided walking and exploration holidays have proved popular with adventurers of all ages, nationalities and backgrounds.
Informally, yet with skill and humour, Martin Hunt and his friends and colleagues reveal the complex relationships of landscapes, people and their history, flora and fauna in his beautiful home county of Cornwall and in many other enchanting environments in the UK and further abroad.
Increasingly over the years, the local unique varieties of food and wines (and oils, etc) have featured more and more on Martin’s tours. He always tries to get to the bottom of what makes any area and its people tick – and that’s why Martin’s tours are always so much fun to be on.
Over the past 30 years, many guests have returned over and over again, often becoming good friends. Our repeat figures run at over 60% per year, which says something.
Martin is always interested in others, so you will be appreciated and enjoyed too, for whoever you are and wherever you come from. Martin’s groups often turn out to be an International mix, which makes for a dynamic and fun group to be a part of.
This Month’s Featured Holiday
Picos de Europa Mountains, North Spain
2018 dates: June 16-25
We are delighted to invite you to join us on our exciting and intimate hiking tour of this beautiful area of Spain.
The incredible Picos de Europa Mountains are situated about 110 km south west of Santander. If you have never heard of them before, they are similar in character to The Dolomites in Italy. In mid to late June, the wild mountain flora will be at its very best and the steep hay meadows are crammed full of beautiful flowers, untouched by agricultural chemicals.
The main ranges are of white/pink limestone and are very abrupt. High peaks (up to 2650m/8500 ft) are interspersed with deep beech, chestnut and oak-forested valleys, with lovely little villages, where centuries old farming methods are still practised.